Long-term development vision:
- Vision: to achieve middle income status by 2025
- Pillars: a) High quality livelihood; b) Peace, stability and unity; c) Good governance; d) A well educated and learning society; and e) A competitive economy capable of producing sustainable growth and shared benefits.
- Vision: Transforming Zanzibar by the year 2020 through an unprecedented socio-economic transformation and development to achieve middle income status; characterized by increasing levels of industrialization, competitiveness, quality livelihoods and good governance and rule of law; and having in place an educated and pro-learning society with distinct culture and values.
- Pillars: Economic transformation, Human Capital, Infrastructure, Governance and resilience
Medium-term development plan:
- Five Year Development Plan III (2021/22 – 2025/26)
- Development priorities:
- semi-industrialized, middle-income country by 2025
- competitiveness and productivity in all sectors, strengthening the industrial economy as basis for export-driven growth
- strengthening Tanzania’s regional position as hub for production, trade, supply and transportation, inclusive economic growth, integrate regional and global agreements into national development
- strengthening relationship between natural resource sectors and other sectors
- strengthening Local Government Authorities (LGAs), effective public expenditure management.
Other development plans: