Development co-operation policy:
- Overall aim: Directing the management of international cooperation that Colombia grants and receives towards its development priorities, responding to the country's challenges and opportunities on the international stage, with a view to strengthening its geostrategic positioning.
- Key objectives:
- Expanding the vision of national and territorial entities, facing the scope and trends of international cooperation for development
- Strengthening the management of international cooperation for development in national and territorial entities, under a focus on results, innovation and sustainability.
- Promoting the positioning of Colombia as a supplier of South-South Cooperation (SSC) and Triangular Cooperation (TC), through effective participation in different spaces such as regional integration and consultation mechanisms, regional and bilateral cooperation programs, among others.
- Implementing coordination mechanisms for international development cooperation and defining its governance at the national and territorial level.
- Defining criteria for prioritization of demand and the offer of international cooperation for development at the national and territorial level.
Aid Information Management System (AIMS):
Development co-operation reports:
- Reports of international Cooperation Performance
- Released annually by the Government with some analysis
Development cooperation mechanisms:
|Mechanism||Level and actors||Objectives and related policies|
Economic and development initiative between four Latin American nations: Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Peru. The Alliance is a point of reference for business in the continent.
High-level Commission between the government and Colombia for the technical cooperation.
Main mechanism for coordination and articulation of cooperation actors.
The main objective of this mechanism is the management of non-reimbursable cooperation contributes to the achievement of the country's foreign policy objectives and is aligned with the development priorities of the national Government.