Long-term development vision:
- Vision: the 2050 National Strategic Plan is the main long-term planning instrument that will make it possible to achieve a change in the paradigm on which national planning efforts and tasks will be developed and which, for the first time in history, was built on from a comprehensive, structured and prospective set of information collected.
- Pillars: economic and social progress, and the construction of broad political and social agreements based on the common good and vision
Medium-term development plan:
- Goal: the PNDIP 2019-2022 is a renewed, more robust and strategic instrument that aims to incorporate public investment, greater rigor in the definition of goals, intersectionality and the regionalization and mainstreaming of the SDGs, traceability and consultation with civil society.
Other development plans:
- Specific Action Plans have been prepared for each of the goals of the strategic interventions of the National Development and Public Investment Plan for the Bicentennial 2019-2022 (PNDIP)
- The purpose of the document is to establish the common and comprehensive guiding framework for Costa Rican public management based on the MfDR of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), considering its five pillars: planning for results, budgeting for results, financial management, audit and procurement, program and project management, and monitoring and evaluation; as well as the instruments that have been developed in the public sector
- The 2018 - 2030 Action Plan responds to the strategy established in the MfDR in Costa Rica and contemplates strategic actions for the pillars of planning for results, management of programs and projects, monitoring and evaluation