Development co-operation policy:
National Aid Management Policy
- Main pillar: To provide direction for the government to coordinate and manage all development assistance flows to enhance the overall effectiveness of the assistance to achieve national development outcomes.
- Strategic objectives
- Government leadership of development cooperation and management
- Government coordination of external assistance with development partners and line ministries
- Improved planning and predictability and development resources
- Increased efficiency and effectiveness of how development assistance is delivered
- Improved reporting of use of external assistance (off budget and on budget)
- Gradually decreasing amounts of off budget support
Aid Information Management System (AIMS):
Development co-operation reports:
Monitoring and Evaluation Framework (2017)
- The Monitoring and Evaluation (2017) details the strategic context behind the goals and policy objectives of the National Sustainable Development Plan 2016-2030
Development Reports Vanuatu
Development cooperation mechanisms:
|Level and Actors
|Objectives and Related Policies
National level: Three units that are involved in development assistance coordination and management
Provide high-level policy and adminstrative support to the Prime Minister, COM and DCO, coordinate major initiatives, and ensure a professional, responsive, and high performing department.
Implement the NSDP, Vanuatu 2030, through coordination of Government strategic policy, planning and budgeting processes, and improve evidence-based decision-making.
Establish common structures and standards for effective monitoring and evaluation to improve efficiency, effectiveness and resilience of service delivery.
Coordinate donor resources to align with national objectives.